Saturday 30 October 2010

Book Review - Touching Darkness by Scott Westerfeld

Midnighters 2 - Touching Darkness by Scott Westerfeld

Synopsis
Bixby, Oklahoma, is full of secrets. Some come out at midnight. Some should stay hidden.



As the Midnighters search for the truth about the secret hour, they uncover terrifying mysteries woven into the very fabric of Bixby's history, and a conspiracy that touches the world of daylight. This time Jessica Day is not the only Midnighter in mortal danger, and if the group can't find a way to come together, they could lose one of their own . . . forever.
 
My Review
I became a fan of the Midnighters series after reading  and reviewing book1(here)  not so long ago so I was eager to start book 2 but it wasn't what I expected. I felt a little let down but at the same time satisfied.

Touching Darkness is a great 2nd in the series but for me it wasn't enough and yet and the same time it was, there where times when I felt I couldn't put it down and then suddenly I was in a state of I couldn't allow myself to read anymore, its action packed and gives us more history to The Secret Hour  and maybe the history is what made my interest float a little but when that was done with and we was down tot he nit and grit I really enjoyed reading Touching Darkness.

Although this isn't a fave book of mine I would still highly recommend reading it as I feel that it is certainly an element of the novels and I'm looking forward to starting book 3 Blue Noon to see where it leads me I still have high hopes yet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys...feel free to leave a little love