Friday 29 October 2010

Book Review - Torment by Lauren Kate

Torment (Fallen2) by Lauren Kate

Synopsis
How many lives do you need to live before you find someone worth dying for? In the aftermath of what happened at Sword & Cross, Luce has been hidden away by her cursed angelic boyfriend, Daniel, in a new school filled with Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans. Daniel promises she will be safe here, protected from those who would kill her. At the school Luce discovers what the Shadows that have followed her all her life mean - and how to manipulate them to see into her other lives. Yet the more Luce learns about herself, the more she realizes that the past is her only key to unlocking her future...and that Daniel hasn't told her everything. What if his version of the past isn't actually the way things happened...what if Luce was really meant to be with someone else?

My Review

OH MY GOD this book was totally awesome!!!!! I can honestly say it lived up to all my expectations and more and not only has it had me reading none stop the past 3 hours from when I started it to the very last page it has left me yearning and needing more and I have officially decided the lovely Lauren Kate is no longer Lovely but a big meanie who likes to torment her readers with this tormenting but fabulous 2nd in the Fallen novel.

Torment has a few new additions but the main characters still remain Luce has grown on me tremendously in Torment , it feels like while she has grown on me she has grown as a person, shes opening up to many possibilities and is very unsure of the world around her....it gives that whole you go girl but at the same time let me just smack you up the head a little I mean hello Daniel we need him!!!! The two additional chums that get included in this Novel is Shelby the yoga mad Nephilim and Miles the I'm so in love with you Luce kinda guy they are total opposites but IMO there good for Luce and her Developing Character.

I can honestly admit that my heart and soul has been racing through this book wanting to give each character a Lil what for I mean how dare they do this to me but I must say it feels good to be on the edge of my chair in suspense needing every bit that I can consume as its been a first in a long time that I have found a book that isn't predictable, I mean I'm stunned and feel I can't even write a real review without it containing wow 1000 times I would love to give you all the gory details but I wont as I'm not that mean.... but here it goes for what I can say without giving too much away to my readers who have not read this novel as of yet - the ending sucks big time and waiting for the 3rd novel in the Fallen Series Passion is going to KILL ME.

Happy Reading xxx

6 comments:

  1. Following the mechanical bunny around...

    Sorry no post for hopping tonight but I have a new book review up.

    Mad Scientist
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Just hopping by! I'm your newest follower. I always look forward to Friday's and and excuse to discover new book bloggers. Have a great weekend!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good book. I have been coveting the cover for some time. Old Follower, just saying hi -stop by! Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
    twitter: @fangswandsfairy
    CONTEST: http://tinyurl.com/23b5ug2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I have this one in my TBR mountain. Now I can hardly wait to read it!

    Follower
    Twitter: @bookjunkie221
    Blogs: http://thebookjunkiesbookshelf.blogspot.com
    http://jamielovesya.blogspot.com
    http://nittygrittydownanddirty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I have not read the first book in this series, but I have to say after reading your review, I am definitely going to check out this series. They seem awesome! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys...feel free to leave a little love