Friday 3 September 2010

Book Review - A Certain Wolfish Charm by Lydia Dare

A Certain Wolfish Charm - Westfield Brothers 1 by Lydia Dare

Synopsis
In Lydia dare's debut trilogy, Regency England has gone to the wolves!
He gets crankier and crankier as the moon gets full...
The rules of Society can be beastly-especially when you're a werewolf and it's that irritating time of the month. Simon Westfield, the Duke of Blackmoor, is rich, powerful, and sinfully handsome, and has spent his entire life creating scandal and mayhem. It doesn't help his wolfish temper at all that Miss Lily Rutledge seems not the least bit afraid of him, and in fact, may be as untamable as he is...

A woman whose charm is stronger than the moon...


When Lily's beloved nephew's behavior becomes inexplicably wild, she turns to Simon, the boy's cousin and guardian, for help. But Simon's idea of assistance is far different than hers, and Lily finds herself ensconced in his house and engaged to the rogue.


They both may have bitten off more than they can chew when each begins to discover the other's darkest secrets...

My Review


If you remember not so long ago I read and Reviewed the 3rd novel in the Westfield Brother series The Wolf Next Door (review here) and was totally charmed by these hunky man wolfs and couldn't resist more so I went and ordered the first two in the series. (sigh*) A Certain Wolfish Charm is the first in the Westfield Brothers series by Lydia Dare and a great start to a series it is....it would have been a great stand alone novel as it leaves you content at the end but I'm grateful for the continuation as I don't think I could ever get enough of those moon howling beasts with there 'suduce me ' charm.

A Certain Wolfish Charm is about the elder brother in the Westerfield Family, Simon a stubborn yet daring man who meets his match in Lily and her stubborn ways, he falls for her immediately and from there Lydia wastes no time with the mission to unleash the beast. They both are well suited characters who's characteristics allowed me to take an extremely memorable journey with them.

I'm in Love with this series so far and I must say if anyone can get me to devour a 375 page book in less then 3 hours they deserve a well earned thumbs up and recommendation from me. Lydia wastes no time in getting straight to the point not hovering over unnecessary bits of information that are rendered useless to the novel but hitting the spots that make you um and arr. I love her characters and there little love scenario, it makes me want more and more I will get ;o)

1 comment:

  1. Not familiar with this series, but if after reading one you had to go out and buy the rest then I think I might be missing out. Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys...feel free to leave a little love